Thursday, March 18, 2010

Big Sky Dreams series

I picked up Cassidy (book one) and Sabrina (book two) of the Big Sky Dreams series by Lori Wick off the clearance rack. Since I had read a couple of her other books (Bamboo & Lace and White Chocolate Moments) and enjoyed them as light, easy reads and a change from adrenaline-laced suspense novels, I thought I would also enjoy these.

Cassidy is about a Token Creek seamstress, with a difficult past, in the Montana Territory during 1880. The story was predictable and slow-moving with an awkward thought thrown in every now and then. It also bothered me when she would refer to one of the characters as "that" lady instead of using a pronoun.

Sabrina is about a prostitute, estranged from her family, who is rescued from the streets by a policeman and his wife. After becoming a Christian, she also moves to Token Creek where she interacts with characters from Cassidy, befriends other prostitutes and eventually becomes involved with the pastor. This book held my attention more than Cassidy, however, grammatical errors in this one also distracted me from the characters and the plot.

This series is probably more suitable for mature teens.

No comments:

Post a Comment