Thursday, May 27, 2010

GET CREATIVE: TURN ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF YOUR BRAIN

GET CREATIVE: TURN ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF YOUR BRAIN by cartoonist Doug MacGregor is a fun workbook of creative exercises for the right side of the brain.

As a technical writer, my brain's left side is often fully engaged while the right side is asleep. Fine for the day job, but it becomes problematic once I take off the technical writer hat and sit down to work on a novel. The big, blank page screams out for words, but the cursor blinks and blinks and blinks in stunning silence.

Doug MacGregor recently spoke at a local writer's meeting and I was intrigued by the sample exercises he led us through during the presentation. A few weeks after the meeting I bought the book and the creative exercises have helped wake up my right brain and fill my big, blank pages with words.

This book is for anyone who needs to wake up the right brain and get creative; or, for anyone who just wants to have some creative fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment