Friday, May 1, 2009

"Vanish" Book Review

Tom Pawlik's "Vanish" is the Christian Writers Guild 2006 Operation First Novel winner. Since it is in the supernatural thriller genre I love to read and write, I fully expected to enjoy this book and it didn't disappoint.

It was top notch. In my opinion, it was as good as any Ted Dekker or Frank Peretti book I've read. It drew me in so much that I kept turning the pages to see what was going to happen next and I even finished reading it in one evening.

I love a suspense thriller that leads me down a road where I think I know what is going on, encourages me to figure out where it is going and how it is going to end, and then either totally catches me by surprise or is similar yet different than I imagined.

"Vanish" is just such a book. My thought process was anticipating the true identity of the creatures as spiritual beings, but the circumstances were completely different than I thought they were and the ending was a surprise.

Thank you Tom. I'm looking forward to reading the sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment